- About AL
- Research at AL
- Aquatic Ecology
- Behavioral and Evolutionary Ecology
- Conservation & Restoration Ecology
- Landscape Ecology
- Biologically-Optimized Environmental Classification of Maryland Streams
- Plant Community Response to Changes in Water
- Extinction Risk of the Delmarva Fox Squirrel
- Potomac Initiative
- Quantifying Feedbacks in Desert Vegetation
- Remote Sensing and Forest Disturbance
- Predicting Vulnerability to Sea Level Rise
- Landscape Controls on Seasonal Timing and Growing Season Length
- Watershed Hydrology and Biogeochemistry
- Seminar Series
- Chesapeake Watershed CESU
- Central Appalachians Stable Isotope Facility
- Citation Classics from AL
Appalachian Laboratory Visiting Scholar Seminar Series - Spring 2013
Seminars will be held on Thursdays at 3:30pm (unless otherwise noted) and located in Room 109 of the Appalachian Laboratory.
Tyler Wagner - USGS, Pennsylvania Coop Fish and Wildlife
"A conceptual framework for understanding multi-scaled cause-effect relationships
between terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems"
Host: Ray Morgan
April 23 @ 7pm
David Hughes - Global Sustainability Research, Inc. and Post Carbon Institute
"The Energy Sustainability Dilemma: Powering the Future in a Finite World"
Host: Keith Eshleman
(Click here for a pdf version of the press release pertaining to this lecture)
For questions about the series, please contact Steve Keller.
For more information about an individual speaker, please contact the listed host.