- About CBL
- Ecosystem and Restoration Science
- Fisheries Science
- Environmental Chemistry and Toxicology
- Seminar Series
- Visitors Center & Outreach
- Giving to CBL
- My CBL
- SAFETY DOCUMENTATION
Visitors Center and Outreach
The Chesapeake Biological Laboratory (CBL) is a vibrant part of the Solomons Island community where students, faculty, visitors and local residents come to learn about the natural environment.
CBL Visitors Center
- CBL Welcome Video: Who are we and what do we do?
- Chesapeake Bay Ecology Exhibit: Is the Bay healthy?
- Oyster Reef Aquarium Exhibit: What's living in the nooks and crannies of the oyster reef?
- CBL Research Exhibit: Highlights of current environmental research.
- Interactive Computer Exhibit: Remote sensing and electronic technologies used by scientists today. Weather and water data collected from the CBL Research Pier. View the osprey and underwater fish cameras.
Location and Parking Information
The Visitor Center is located in the historic Solomons House at 200 Farren Ave. Solomons, MD.
Free parking is available in front of the visitor center with handicap parking in the rear.
Hours of Operation
The CBL Visitor Center opens for the season in May.
May thru Memorial Day: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Noon to 4 pm. Lab Tours Friday at 2 pm.
Memorial Day to Labor Day: Wednesday thru Sunday. Noon to 4 pm. Lab Tours Friday at 2 pm.
Labor Day to Dec 8th: Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Noon to 4 pm. Lab Tours on Friday at 2 pm.
December thru April: Closed for the season.
The Visitor Center and Lab Tours are Free. Visitor Center Information: (410) 326-7443.
Laboratory Tours are offered to the public on Fridays at 2 pm. Please arrive 15 minutes early for Tours. Because this is a working lab, children must be age 12 and over and accompanied by a responsible adult. Some areas on the tours may not be handicap accesible as many of our campus building are historic structures.
Contact the Outreach Coordinator to arrange group tours throughout the year.
Greet visitors at the visitor center, conduct lab tours, participate in community outreach events, and assist in the library.
For more information about the CBL Visitor Center, Laboratory Tours, and Volunteer Opportunities, please contact:Debbie Hoffbeck CBL Outreach Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org 410-326-7460