Srishti Vishwakarma is a Ph.D. Candidate in the Marine Estuarine Environmental Sciences (MEES) program at the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science (UMCES) Appalachian Laboratory under the supervision of Prof. Xin Zhang and Prof. Vyacheslav Lyubchich. Her research interests stem around challenges associated with developing and implementation of advanced data science methods for modeling global socio-environmental processes and addressing the interdisciplinary problems of global food security, sustainability, and climate change impacts.
Srishti received a Master of Science degree in Hydraulics and Water Resources from the University of Iowa, Iowa. Prior to coming to the USA, she earned a Master of Technology (M.Tech) degree in Hydrology from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, India. During her stay at the IIT, Srishti was awarded the prestigious German fellowship by DAAD and she spent a semester at the University of Stuttgart as part of her M.Tech project.
Areas of Expertise
- Climate change and extreme weather
- Food security
- Statistical computing
- Biogeochemical cycles
- University of Iowa, 2018, M.S., Hydraulics and Water Resources,
- University of Stuttgart, 2014-15, DAAD Scholar
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, 2015, M.Tech, Hydrology
- Environmental Research Letters2022
- Journal of Environmental Management2022