- View the Handbook for Faculty and Graduate Students
- The University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science is authorized to jointly award MS and PhD degrees in Marine-Estuarine-Environmental Science (MEES) with the University of Maryland College Park (UMCP). Get the joint degree request form.
- Most UMCES graduate students hold graduate assistantships through which they receive stipends and health benefits. The policies applying to graduate assistants and to most students in UMCES are addressed here: Policy on Graduate Assistantships.
- Graduate assistants in the University System of Maryland, including UMCES, have the right to engage labor representation under the Meet and Confer guidelines: M-C Principles and Guidelines and M-C Facts. UMCES graduate students have elected to not engage labor representation at this time.
- UMCES Policy (III-7.11.VI.B) describes the Graduate Student Council (GSC), an organization representing UMCES graduate students, and including two representatives from each Laboratory Unit. The GSC meets on a regular basis, including an annual meeting with the Vice President for Education.
Graduate Student Council
Get to know the current representatives by lab.
Chesapeake Biological Laboratory
Horn Point Laboratory
Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology