University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science researchers not only have a reputation for developing innovative scientific approaches, they are also known for using that newfound information to change the way others view today’s pressing environmental problems.
At the national level, our scientists serve on a large number of boards, contribute to science panels, organize scientific conferences, and design award-winning partnerships to help improve the way we manage the environment.
Read all about UMCES' global footprint
- UMCES scientists join Maryland Sea Grant to establish new center in Puerto Rico to Prepare Hispanic Students in Coastal Science
- UMCES researchers lead effort for more sustainable agriculture globally
- Biologists lead international team to track Arctic response to climate change
- UMCES scientists weigh in after Deepwater Horizon disaster
- UMCES Partnership, Guanabara and Chesapeake Bays