The Chesapeake Biological Laboratory Visitor Center, located on the first floor of the historic Solomons House, offers guests the opportunity to explore exhibits highlighting the health of the Chesapeake Bay, ongoing research, and an oyster reef community aquarium. Visitors will discover who CBL scientist are, what they are researching, and why it is important. Visitor Center exhibits include:
- Welcome video: Who are we and what do we do?
- Chesapeake Bay Watershed Exhibit: Is the Bay healthy?
- Oyster Reef Aquarium: What lives in the nooks and crannies of an oyster reef? *New exhibit is in development
- Research Exhibit: Highlights of current research.
- Making Waves with CBL Students: Select short videos to learn about graduate student research, in their own words.
Hours of Operation
THE VISITOR CENTER IS CLOSED
Due to continued concerns relating to the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus, the Chesapeake Biological Laboratory Visitor Center will remain closed at the present time out of an abundance of caution for our visitors and the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science community.
Plan Your Visit
Visitor Center Information: (410) 326-7443.
There are no admission or exhibit fees for the CBL Visitor Center.
The CBL Visitor Center is located in the historic Solomons House at 200 Farren Ave., Solomons, Maryland 20688. View a Campus Map.
Free parking is available in front of the Visitor Center, with handicap parking in the back.