About the Chesapeake Biological Laboratory Visitor Center
The Chesapeake Biological Laboratory (CBL) Visitor Center, located on the first floor of the historic Solomons House, offers guests the opportunity to explore exhibits highlighting the health of the Chesapeake Bay, environmental research, and an oyster reef aquarium. Visitors will discover who CBL scientists are, what they are researching, and why it is important. Our exhibits include:
- Welcome Video: Who are we?
- Research Exhibit: What do we study and why is it important?
- Chesapeake Bay Watershed Exhibit: Is the Bay healthy?
- Oyster Reef Aquarium: What lives in the nooks and crannies of an oyster reef?
- Chesapeake DolphinWatch: Where have dolphins been seen in the Bay?
- Research Videos: What do CBL graduate students research?
Plan Your Visit
- Visitor Center Information: (410) 326-7443
- There are no admission or exhibit fees for the CBL Visitor Center
- The CBL Visitor Center is located in the historic Solomons House at 200 Farren Ave., Solomons, Maryland 20688
- Free parking is available in front of the Visitor Center, with handicap parking in the back.
Hours of Operation
Through the first weekend in December, the CBL Visitor Center is open:
- 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Fridays
- 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Saturdays
- 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on Sundays
To Learn More About CBL
- Participate in the Chesapeake Biological Laboratory's Science for Communities Webinar Series
- Sign-up to receive emails about upcoming Chesapeake Biological Laboratory events and exciting news
- View live-quality videos of past Science for Communities seminars
- Learn about our Wave of Plastic curricular unit for middle school students
- Explore the Virtual Science Semester resources, including behind-the-scenes videos and interviews