Assistant Research Scientist
Chesapeake Biological Laboratory
Dr. Chunqi Shen's research mainly focused on biogeochemical process and ocean engineering. Dr. Shen is particularly interested in applying numerical modelling (physical, biological or coupled) to investigate the ecosystem problems (e.g. HABs, hypoxia issues, ocean acidification). Prior to join in Prof. Testa's group for ocean acidification research on Chesapeake bay, he generally worked on the ecosystem in Great Lakes and their watersheds in a combination tool of biophysical model and field investigation.
Areas of Expertise
- Numerical Modelling
- Physical-Biological Interactions
- Biogeochemistry Modelling
- Water Resource Engineering
- Ph.D, 2016, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, U.S.
- M.S., 2012, Hohai University, China
- B.S., 2009, Hohai University, China