UMCES Virtual Library
How to use:
All faculty and registered students have full access to UMCP and UMCES library journals and books. Each library has separate login methods. Visitors can access UMCES library resources only.
UMCES library: (for some journals specific to UMCES library only
- ON-CAMPUS: Full access to UMCES online journals, books and databases.
- OFF-CAMPUS: VPN for direct access to UMCES library e-journals.
- Access to e-journals and books requires 14 digit barcode:
- UMCES: 2610xxxxxxxxxx assigned by librarian OR
UMCP: 2143xxxxxxxxxx assigned upon registration and ID card pick-up
UMCP library:- https://www.lib.umd.edu/
- requires CAS/MFA credentials
- great resources on library research – see FIND & CITE tab
Start Search Here
- Know journal name you are looking for? Scroll down to E-journals
- Know article you want? Scroll down to Fetch Item below
- Can do same at UMCP library site:
- Know which database you want? Ex. Web of Science (scroll down)
Borrowing Books From Other Libraries
UMCES is subscribed to the following databases:
Dissertations & Theses
How to set up the Google Scholar library FINDIT links
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research.” If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. The HPL Library reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgement, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
For further copyright information, visit the Copyright Clearance Center.
For UMCES Library Help
Chesapeake Biological Laboratory Library
Solomons, MD 20688-0038
Phone: (410) 326-7287
Fax: (410) 326-7430