Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates:
Classes begin online only March 30; teleworking continues until further notice; all events cancelled.
Horn Point Laboratory
Dr. Ming Li is a Professor at Horn Point Laboratory. He uses numerical models to address a wide range of oceanographic problems. His research interests span several areas of physical oceanography, including estuarine and coastal dynamics, air-sea interaction, turbulent mixing processes and internal waves. He is also actively engaged in interdisciplinary research to address complex environmental problems such as hypoxia, ocean acidification, and harmful algal blooms. A major focus of Dr. Li’s current research is the regional impact of climate change and extreme weather events on estuaries and coastal oceans.
Areas of Expertise
- Physical oceanography
- Coastal and estuarine dynamics
- Regional impacts of climate change
- Oxford University, 1991, Ph.D., Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
- Hohai University, 1983, B. Eng., Fluid Mechanics
- Continental Shelf Research2017
- Geophysical Research Letters2017
- Journal of Geophysical Research - Oceans2017