Agency Implementation of the Uniform Guidance
On December 19, 2014, the federal government published the Joint Interim Final Rule implementing the UG for all Federal award-making agencies (see Federal Register). As agency specific considerations for proposal development and grants management become available, that information will be posted here.
The National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), effective December 26, 2014 - the PAPPG is NSF's implementation of OMB’s Uniform Guidance and should be used in the preparation and submission of proposals submitted via FastLane.
- For guidance on proposals due and awards made before December 26, 2014, continue to reference the PAPPG dated February 2014.
- NSF has issued a set of frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the Foundation’s implementation of 2 CFR § 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance). These FAQs are available on the DIAS/Policy Office website and will be updated periodically as additional questions arise.
- For more information on preparing a proposal to NSF, see http://www.nsf.gov/funding/preparing/
- REFERENCE GUIDE: NSF Proposal Development under the UG (download pdf)
- REFERENCE GUIDE: NSF Grants Management under the UG (download pdf)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Interim General Grant Conditions serve as the applicable terms and conditions for recipients of NIH awards and are aligned with the HHS regulations implementing the Uniform Guidance (UG). The conditions are effective for Notices of Award (NoA) issued on or after December 26, 2014 that obligate new or supplemental funds.
- Notices of Award (NoA) issued on or after December 26, 2014 that do not involve obligation of new or supplemental funds remain subject to 45 CFR Part 74.
- See also NIH's 45 CFR Part 75 related FAQs.
- REFERENCE GUIDE: NIH Proposal Development under the UG (download pdf)
- REFERENCE GUIDE: NIH Grants Management under the UG (download pdf)
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Please note that the new OMB Uniform Guidance, 2 CFR Part 200, was implemented by NASA on December 26, 2014. NASA has implemented the OMB Uniform Guidance with 2 CFR 1800 and the Grants and Cooperative Agreement Manual (GCAM). Both may be found on the left hand side of the following website: https://prod.nais.nasa.gov/pub/pub_library/srba/index.html
- REFERENCE GUIDE: NASA Grants Management under the UG (download pdf)
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- The EPA issued their final rules for implementing the Uniform Guidance on October 9, 2015.
Contact ORAA for technical questions or your business office for financial matters.