MyUMCES ~ Human Resources


Procedures for Requesting Non U.S. Residents to Visit UMCES

H1-b Visas

Contact the HR Director for information on how to obtain H Visas and Visa Extentions.

J1 Exchange Visitor Visas

In addition to completing the SEVIS Exchange Visitor Information Form and the Data Collection form above, perspective Exchange Visitors must also submit:

  • Recent CV
  • Proof of financial support (offer letter with salary from UMCES, financial letter from home country, personal bank account information)
  • English Proficiency
  • Letter of invitation from Lab Director

Please contact Center Administration HR for help.

Please Note: Because of the increased time for renewal, you must begin the process six (6) months before the expiration of your current visa.