Our award-winning faculty is the backbone of the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science. Their hard work and dedication has made UMCES a reliable source for accurate and valuable information about the natural world and a desirable location for graduate students looking to start their own career in science. At the center of our faculty is our Faculty Senate, a committee elected by the entire faculty and that represents all research faculty ranks.
Use the links below to learn more information about our Faculty Senate and Graduate Faculty Council, including their current members and how to contact them. You can also learn about our annual Convocation, a day-long retreat that brings faculty from our four labs together around a particular theme. This event typically falls in the same week as our commencement ceremony in May.
- Faculty Senate Representatives
- Graduate Faculty Council Representatives
Faculty Senate Meetings and Activities
- Schedule and Agenda
- Hotel Accomodation Information
- Theme Information and Goals
Graduate Education and the Graduate Faculty Council
- Graduate Faculty Appointment Information
- Curriculum Information and Guidance
- Access Past Faculty Seminars