About the LMRCSC
The NOAA Living Marine Resources Cooperative Science Center (LMRCSC) trains and graduates students from underrepresented communities in marine science for careers in research, management, and public policy that support the sustainable harvest and conservation of our nation's living marine resources. With its partner institutions, the LMRCSC conducts research on marine and estuarine systems congruent with the interests of NOAA Fisheries.
The Living Marine Resources Cooperative Science Center is supported by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Educational Partnership Program with Minority Serving Institutions (EPP/MSI).
Objectives of the LMRCSC
The program seeks to:
- Lead the development of a pool of underrepresented minority scholars entering the field of marine sciences and fisheries.
- Strengthen collaborations across universities and professional networks to enhance academic programs in marine and fisheries science
- Enhance marine research and academic program capacities of the LMRCSC minority serving partner institutions.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the programs and activities of the Center
- Effectively communicate the activities and accomplishments of the Center
- Assess and evaluate the center’s goals and objectives