The University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science’s Communications Office is responsible for helping shape and execute overarching communications strategy for the institution and advance key priorities of the President, Board of Visitors and Office of Institutional Advancement. It manages the daily operation of the University’s central communications channels, including the website and social media accounts, guides the University’s media engagement, maintains brand reputation, and crisis communications, and provides campus partners with strategic communications counsel.
News - NEWS REQUEST FORM
- The Communications Office works in partnership with faculty, staff, and student colleagues to raise the University's profile and engage our audiences, from policymakers and science partners to graduate students.
- We engage with faculty, students, and staff looking to publicize UMCES news, and prepare them to talk to the media.
- We produce the weekly UMCES in the News internal email from our office.
- We coordinate and distribute the monthly external Environmental Insights e-newsletter. Sign up to receive or view the archives.
- As the gatekeepers of the UMCES brand, the Office of Communications is responsible for ensuring the UMCES brand is used consistently and used correctly. See UMCES brand and style guidelines.
- We provide communications resources such as branding guidelines, logo files, photography and other assets to empower staff to work with us to maximize and communications across the University.
- We manage the website, UMCES.edu, which highlights information about the University and its key endeavors in research, public policy and education.
- Each member of the community has a bio page in the website directory. Contact our office for instructions on how to complete your page. Bio page tutorial
- We manage UMCES’ official communications channels and create content that drives engagement with our audiences.
- Follow @UMCES on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn
Assistant Vice President for Communications
Science Communications Specialist
- Logos and letterhead
- Branding & Style Guidelines
- UMCES /campus descriptions
- PowerPoint template
- PowerPoint - intro slides
- Face Sheet template
- Zoom background
- UMCES News Alert Submission
- Press Room
- Press Release archive
- Recent Press
- Media Training
- Guide to Experts
- Contact for Media Requests: Amy Pelsinsky, Assistant Vice President for Communications, email@example.com, 410-330-1389
Mission and Center-Wide Reports
- Mission Statement
- Annual Report Archives
- Strategic Initiatives
- Historic Highlights
- Strategic Communications Plan