Senior Faculty Research Assistant
Institute of Marine & Environmental Technology
Sabeena Nazar received her BSc and MSc in Microbiology from University of Madras, India. She received a Masters Degree in Biotechnology from UMBC, Maryland. She started her career as a Research Assistant in a lab in COMB ( now known as IMET) in September 2002. She started her current position as the Lab Manager of BioAnalytical Services Lab (BAS Lab) in October 2004.
Sabeena Nazar is in charge of BAS Lab, a core facility, which offers state of the art DNA Sequencing services including next generation sequencing. BAS Lab also provides other molecular biology services for IMET and non-IMET researchers for a nominal charge. She is in charge of maintaining all the multi-users instruments which are available to use for all the researchers at IMET.
Areas of Expertise
- Molecular Biology Techniques
- Next Generation Sequencing
- MS in Biotechnology, UMBC, University of Maryland, 2009
- MSc in Applied Microbiology, University of Madras, India, 1998
- BSc in Microbiology, University of Madras, India, 1996
- Journal of Bacteriology2004
- Applied and Environmental Biotechnology2001
- Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy2001
- Applied and Environmental Biotechnology2003
- Journal of Clinical Microbiology2002