Spring 2019 Schedule
All seminars are held at 3:30 p.m. Wednesdays in the Bernie Fowler Laboratory, Room 1101. Chesapeake Biological Laboratory is located at 146 Williams St., in Solomons, Maryland. These seminars are highly technical and intended for an academic audience.
This semester's schedule includes:
- January 16, Louis Plough, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science, Horn Point Laboratory, Cambridge, MD. "Shells, Fins, and Water: Harnessing Genomics to Investigate the ecology and Evoloution of Marine Animals."
- January 23, Andrerw Heyes, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science, Chesapeake Biological Laboratory, Solomons, MD. "Ecosystem Level Controls on Mercury Methylation: The Carbon-Sulfur-Mercury Triad."
- January 30, Natan Pereira, University do Estado da Bahia, Brazil. "Coral - Based Climate Records from Tropical South Atlantic."
- February 6,
- February 13,
- February 20, Jacob Cram, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science, Horn Point Laboratory, Cambridge, MD. "Interactions Between Marine Bacteria and Marine Snow Drive Microbial Ecology and Ocean Processes."
- February 27, Allison Reilly, University of Maryland College Park, Civil Engineering, College Park, MD. "Interdisciplinary Research Approaches for Assessing Community Vulnerability to Repeated Hazards."
- March 6, Catherine Lalande, Université Laval, Québec, Canada. "Carbon Oxygen Dynamics in the Arctic."
- March 13, Eric Swanson, Hank Paulson Foundation, Washington, DC. "Conservation and Environmental Finance."
- March 27, Evan Solomon, Univeristy of Washington, Seattle, Washington. "Revisiting the Role of Continental Margin Sediment Diagenesis."
- April 3, Jennifer Banks, US Wind and Director, South East Wind Coalition, Raleigh, NC.
- April 10, Heini Ahtiainen, Natural Resources Institute, Finland (Luke)/Helcom.
- April 17, Alexa Bely, University of Maryland College Park, Biology, College Park, MD. "Integrative Biology of Regeneration in Annelids and Other Animals."
- April 24,
- May 1, Janet Mann, Georgetown University, Washington, DC.
- May 8, Judy O'Neil, University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science (UMCES), Horn Point Laboratory, Cambridge, MD.
- May 15, Sacoby Wilson, University of Maryland College Park, School of Public Health, College Park, MD. Environmental Justice Issues in the Chesapeake Bay: Issues, Research, and Solutions.