Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates:
Classes begin online only March 30; teleworking continues until further notice; all events cancelled.
Chief of Staff
Dave Nemazie has extensive experience in aquatic research, science and policy interface, university administration, partnership development, and public relations. He has developed new partnerships with the public, private, and non-profit sector, locally as well as internationally. He is passionate about environmental science: both communicating its relevance to the public and its impact on the decision making process. He received a MS in marine sciences while studying the ecology of zooplankton in Chesapeake Bay through the University of Maryland College Park.
Areas of Expertise
- Marine and Estuarine Ecology
- Watershed Management
- Science Communication
- Environmental Policy and Development
- Government Affairs
- University of Maryland College Park, MS, 1991, Marine, Estuarine, Environmental Sciences Program
- SUNY Purchase College, BS & BA, 1988, Environmental Sciences and Biology, respectively
- Deep Sea Research Part I: Oceanographic Research Papers2006
- Marine Biology1992
- The Biological Bulletin1996