UMCES education programs are administered through the Graduate Schools at the University of Maryland College Park, Frostburg State University, and University of Maryland Baltimore. Consequently, many student policies, programs, and services to which UMCES adheres are administered by those universities. UMCES also adheres to the systemwide policies of the University System of Maryland.
Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific questions regarding institutional financial aid.
Reporting Sexual Misconduct
- Marine-Estuarine-Environmental Sciences Graduate Program (MEES): Concentrations in Ecology; Environmental Science; Oceanography; Envionmental Molecular Biology/Biotechnology; Environmental Chemistry; Fisheries Science
- UMB Graduate Program in Life Sciences: Concentrations in Toxicology and Molecular Microbiology and Immunology.
- FSU Masters Program: Concentrations in Applied Ecology and Conservation Biology; Wildlife Fisheries.
Health and Safety
- UMD Alcohol and Other Drug Education
- UMD Substance Use Intervention and Treatment
- Employee Assistance Program (see HR website for login information)
- Vaccination Policies
UMCES Campus Security
- Chesapeake Biological Laboratory - Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Horn Point Laboratory - Emergency Preparedness Plan
The University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. The university's accreditation status is reviewed every eight years, and UMCES first became accredited in 2016. The Statement of Accreditation Status provides information about the university and MSCHE and is publicly available on the MSCHE website. For more information, please visit our accreditation webpage. For questions or concerns regarding our status as an accredited institution, please contact the UMCES Education Office or see information on the MSCHE website.
State of Maryland Higher Education Coordinating Bodies
- Includes: Retention Rate, Graduate Rates, Admissions Statistics, Transfer-out Rates, Job Placement for Graduates, Graduate and Professional Education Placement for Graduates