WHY APPLY SUCCESS STORIES DONATE
The Environmental Education Community College Collaboration (E2C3) program offers internships at the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science’s (UMCES) Chesapeake Biological Laboratory to qualifying community college students interested in pursuing environmentally-based Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) careers.
Selected E2C3 interns who participate in this paid, 12-week program will:
- Become oriented to lab process and procedures
- Complete an individual research project under the guidance of a graduate student mentor
- Learn consistent research methods and recording skills in a premier research setting
- Develop invaluable relationships with graduate students, lab staff and faculty mentors to support discussions about career choices and class recommendations
- Participate in an exit interview to review the internship experience
Freshman and sophomore students at the College of Southern Maryland undergraduate community college can apply to the Environmental Education Community College Collaboration (E2C3) here.
The Chesapeake Biological Laboratory hopes to expand E2C3 program acceptance to other community colleges.