Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates:
Online classes and teleworking continues until further notice; all events cancelled. Click here for resources and support.
November 30, 2017
Staff at the Chesapeake Biological Laboratory (CBL) were recognized Thursday for longevity as part of an employee town hall meeting.
“We want to acknowledge the experience and continuing contributions of our great staff,” Director Thomas Miller said. “This group represents more than 75 years of service to CBL, the state, and UMCES.”
- Gus Mercanti, Annapolis, Associate Director was recognized for years of service and thanked as he retires in December.
- Brian Duke, Hollywood, Facilities Manager, was honored for 5 years of service.
- Cindy Dixon, Lusby, Accounting Associate, 25 years
- Mike Santangelo, Rockville, Information Technology Manager, 25 years
- Larry Lentner, IT Coordinator, 25 years
- Dan Janzen, Lexington Park, IT Support Specialist, 5 years
Stacy Hutchinson, Chesapeake Beach, Associate Director of Administration, was also recognized as recipient of Honorable Mention for the University System of Maryland’s Board of Regents Staff Award 2016/17.