University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science (UMCES) is committed to providing a safe environment for faculty, staff, students, visitors, and volunteers in all its sites. UMCES provides campus security for each lab location by establishing a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with local law enforcement departments or other security entities:
Links to Local Law Enforcement / Security Entities
- Calvert County Sheriff's Office for Chesapeake Biological Laboratory (Solomons, MD);
- Dorchester County Sheriff's Office for Horn Point Laboratory (Cambridge, MD);
- Frostburg State University Police for Appalachian Laboratory (Frostburg, MD);
- University of Maryland Baltimore Campus Police for Institute of Marine Environmental Technology (Baltimore, MD)
Each of us should consider safety a personal responsibility and take appropriate measures.
Each campus operated by UMCES has established written Emergency Preparedness Plan as outlined below.
Emergency Preparedness Plans
Clery Act (www.cleryact.info)
- UMCES Annual Security Report (coming soon)
- Campus Alert
- On Campus Crime Log (coming soon)
- On Campus Fire Log (coming soon)
- Active Shooter Training Video Link - RUN.HIDE.FIGHT.
- Secure Your Stuff (coming soon)
- Avoid Deny Defend (coming soon)
- Shelter in Place (coming soon)